v5.1.0 - November 18th, 2019
We are very happy to announce that eXist-db 5.1.0 has been released.
5.1.0 is a minor release, and as such should be 100% API compatible with 5.0.0. Whilst this is a fairly conservative release, it fixes two critical issues:
- A security issue, whereby lesser priviledged users were incorrectly granted access to descendant collections #3059. This bug is present in both eXist-db 4.7.1 (and older) and 5.0.0, and we strongly recommend upgrading.
- We fixed a Race Condition in the Lock Allocation Table
WeakLazyStripes) where under high-load the Garabage Collection of the old Locks would interfere with the creation of new locks. This isssue is present in eXist-db 5.0.0 but not 4.7.1. This issue could cause a 5.0.0 system to throw unexpected exceptions or lock-up.
- Allow multiple transactions per broker #3034
- Lucene index predicates now also support
[@attr != value]#2992
- Enhance optimisations for positional predicates #3075 #3085
- Some small improvements to the SQL Module #3081
- Add classes supporting a
SAXSourcefor included database documents #3076
- Add support for
minimum-must-matchon Lucene BooleanQuery #3107
- Fix a security issue with collection access #3059
- Fix a race condition in
ConcurrentModificationExceptionat shutdown #3113
- Make sure that compiled queries are returned to the pool #3065
ClassNotFoundExceptionfor Document Triggers #2949
- Fix a
StackOverflowErrorcaused by lost type into #3112
- Fix inverted command line arg test in Java Admin Client #3010
util:parse-htmlmissing dependency #3047
- Avoid NPE when reporting error #3078
etcdirectory when available #3009
- Apache Ant 1.10.7 #3005
- Apache Commons Configuration2 2.6 #3020
- Apache Commons Daemon 1.2.2 #3037
- Apache FOP 2.4 #3095
- Apache HTTP Components 4.5.10 #3011
- Apache HTTP Core 4.4.12 #3002
- Apache XML Graphics 2.4 #3096
- Bouncy Castle 1.64 #3048
- EasyMock 4.1 #3098
- Eclipse Jetty 9.4.21.v20190926 to 9.4.22.v20191022 #3067
- Hamcrest 2.2 #3057
- Jackson 2.10.1 #3099
- Jakarta Mail 1.6.4 #2986
- jline 3.13.1 #3073
- JMH 1.22 #3091
- Quartz 2.3.2 #3068
- rsyntaxtextarea 3.0.4 #3028
- Saxon-HE 9.9.1-5 #3006
- Slf4j API 1.7.29 #3082
eXist-db 5.1.0 is binary compatible with eXist-db 5.0.0, 5.0.0-RC8, 5.0.0-RC7, and 5.0.0-RC6. Regardless, before upgrading to this version of eXist-db, it is strongly recommended to perform a full backup and restore. Users who are upgrading should always consult the Upgrading Guide in the documentation. For details of backwards compatibility with versions of eXist-db prior to 5.0.0-RC6, please see the Backwards Compatibility details of 5.0.0-RC6.
Downloading this Version
- eXist-db v5.1.0 is available for download from Bintray.
- Docker images for are available from eXist-db's DockerHub.
- Maven artifacts are available from [Maven Central](https://search.maven.org/search?q=g:org.exist-db).
- Mac users of the Homebrew package repository may
acquire eXist 5.1.0 directly from there via. the